Wednesday 13 July 2016

DIY Mimosa Bar

Without further adieu, may I present to you - the Ultimate Mimosa Bar!

A few things to consider when putting this together:

1. The Backdrop 
Set your station in front of a nice blank wall - no doors or windows or obstructions behind it. It will make the photos perfect!

2. The Table
I restored an old brown timber table and painted it white (heaps of effort and weeks of white specks in my hair) but you can easily hire a table or use a buffet or dresser. It truly sets the scene
OR
Brown paper gift wrap placed along the table - you can write on it to label the juices

3. The Sign
I used a $4 chalkboard and ordered some stickers in white from stickersite on ebay. The customised sign only cost me a total of $12!

4. The Jars
They must match and be easy to pour - the rest is up to you! You must have guava juice - it is perfect with champagne! I sat mine on a white tray
Match with 4 or 5 bowls for your accompaniments - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, lime, etc.

5.  The Star of the Show - THE CHAMPAGNE!
Have a couple of nice bottles to start with and then for the love of god, don't run out. Stock up on some mid range bottles, pre-plan your bucket, ice and label. I got large ice cube moulds and pre-froze them with raspberries & pomegranate inside. Very cute!

I had to add a bit of colour and decor to achieve my garden party look so I made sure I got some fresh flowers and greenery. The above has

Links / Tags: 
- Mini drawers from The Little Big Company
http://www.tlbc.com.au/

- Green pots from ikea & kmart (we all know the link to these two bad boys)

- White words on signs from Ben at stickersite on ebay: http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/stickersite?euid=8ba8ec3d7e5d418fac62e9a0f2ce4719&cp=1

- Bridal Shower Sign (bottom floral pictured) - Vista Print





2 comments:

  1. Oh this was so beautiful and informative, but honestly you had me cracking up! "Oh for the love of God don't run out" 🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,Love,Love it! I will use this idea for my next brunch

    ReplyDelete